TERMS OF SERVICE
of the Municipal Bike System MEVO
[Valid from 30 May 2019]
I. General Provisions
1. The hereby Terms of Service specify the principles and conditions of use of System Roweru Metropolitarnego MEVO (hereinafter referred to as: MEVO) launched in the Metropolitan Area of Gdańsk, Gdynia, Sopot (hereinafter referred to as Metropolitan Bike). Metropolitan Bike comprises the following cities and municipalities: City of Gdańsk, City of Gdynia, City of Sopot, City of Tczew, City of Rumia, City of Pruszcz Gdański, City of Reda, Municipality of Kartuzy, City of Puck, Municipality of Władysławowo, Municipality of Sierakowice, Municipality of Żukowo, Municipality of Somonino, Municipality of Stężyca.
NB TRICITY Spółka z o.o.
ul. Przasnyska 6b
e-mail: [email protected]
Tel: 58 350 20 20
1. Mobile Application MEVO – mobile application enabling the use of MEVO System, available on devices operating in iOS system or Android. The application may be used on devices which comply with technical requirements, such as smartphones which allow for downloading mobile application from the internet store. Condition for downloading application as well as using it is permanent access to the Internet.
2. MEVO Contact Centre (MEVO CC)– it ought to be understood as service launched by the Operator, ensuring that the Clients have contact with the Operator by means of:
a. infoline available 24/7 at the following number: 58 350 20 20
b. electronic post under the address [email protected]
Information regarding the functioning of CC are available on the internet website www.rowermevo.pl
3. Account blockade – it ought to be understood as a preventive measure consisting of preventing the use of MEVO System, which may be applied by the Operator in case of breaching by the Client of provisions of the hereby Terms of Service, in particular a breach which constitutes a damage to the property of the owner of MEVO System and/or the Operator.
4. O-lock Blockade – it ought to be understood as a preventive measure of a Bike in a form integrated with the clamp “O” frame, without a lock, without which it is impossible to complete Rental. The blockade serves the function of securing bikes when using the Break function. O-lock blockade is mounted on the rear wheel and it remains open during the entire ride. The blockade constitutes an accessory of each MEVO bike.
5. Promotional voucher – it ought to be understood as a voucher offered by the Operator which enables topping up Client Account. The Voucher amount and its designation is established by the Operator and it is non-refundable. The means from the vouchers are used in the first place, prior to the means paid in by the Client.
6. Price List and Table of Additional Fees – it ought to be understood as the price list of MEVO services and charges, constituting an integral part of the Agreement. Price list and Table of Additional Fees constitutes Appendix no. 1 to the hereby Terms of Service and is available on the internet website as well as within the Mobile Application.
7. Duration of Rental – it ought to be understood as time counted from the moment of Bike Rental until the moment of its Return through closing of the O-lock blockade. Whilst, it is assumed that Standstill is counted into the Rental time.
8. Deposit – it ought to be understood as an amount with which payment card is charged for the duration of the Bike Rental. The amount of Deposit is specified in Appendix no. 1.
9. GPS – it ought to be understood as a device mounted on a Bike, designated for monitoring the Bike’s route and its location.
10. Client Identifier – this ought to be understood as individual number assigned to a Client, corresponding to the number of the mobile phone indicated during registration and a 6-digit PIN number. Any RFID proximity card (contactless card compliant with ISO/IEC 14443 standard and, in particular, MIFARE Classic 1k 4b nUID) may also constitute an identifier. Details concerning registration and Client identifiers have been described in Section V. Registration.
11. Client/ User – it ought to be understood as any natural person, participant of the MEVO System who has accepted Terms of Service and carried out registration in the MEVO System as well as concluded Agreement with the Operator.
12. Client Account/Account – it ought to be understood as personal Client Account, created during registration for the purposes of using the MEVO System, as well as charging fees in line with Appendix no. 1 to the Terms of Service. The Client may pair up with their account in the MEVO System any compatible cards and mobile devices, in accordance with the RFID standard (contactless card compliant with ISO/IEC 14443 standard, in particular MIFARE Classic 1k 4b nUID) which will facilitate the process of Bike Rental.
13. Cost of repair – it ought to be understood as the cost calculated by the Operator in relation to the damage of a Bike, based on the price list constituting Appendix no. 2 to the hereby Terms of Service.
14. Bike theft – it ought to be understood as lack of Bike Return in the MEVO System after the 24th hour from commencement of Bike Rental and in the following situations: remaining of the Bike closer than 5 km from the border or outside of the border of Poland, “remaining above 30 km from the borders of the Functional Area of MEVO System, transport of the Bike via a different means of transport outside of the Functional Area.
15. Top-up amount – it ought to be understood as an amount of top-up at the minimum level of 1 PLN, paid to Client Account towards future rentals in accordance with the Tariff Plan.
16. Minimum Account balance – it ought to be understood a minimum balance which a Client ought to have in order to be entitled to Bike Rentals. Minimum Account balance depends on the selected Tariff Plan and is specified in Appendix no. 1.
17. Unauthorized ride – t ought to be understood as the use of MEVO Bike without a registered Bike Rental on Client Account.
18. Operator – it ought to be understood as NB TRICITY Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością, realizing the service of MEVO handling, with its seat at ul. Przasnyska 6b, 01-756 Warsaw, entered into the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register, maintained by the District Court for the city of Warsaw, XII Economic Department of the National Court Register under the KRS number 0000728432, REGON number 380000190, NIP number 5252747623.
19. Initial fee – it ought to be understood as an initial fee for the benefit of the MEVO System made by a Client upon registering in MEVO. The level of initial fee has been defined in Appendix no. 1. This fee will be calculated towards the hourly rates post using up the subscription time and minute fees.
20. Functioning Area of MEVO System – it ought to be understood as all cities and municipalities forming the Metropolitan Bike, specified in Section I, Clause 1. The Functioning Area of MEVO System comprises the following Zones: Prohibited and User zone.
21. Tariff plan – it ought to be understood as one of the tariffs specified on the internet website www.rowermevo.pl of the MEVO System and Mobile Application MEVO. Selection of the Plan is necessary in order to use the MEVO System. Details concerning Tariff Plans are available in Appendix no. 1.
22. Explanatory proceeding – it ought to be understood as legal and factual actions undertaken by the Operator, targeted at establishing the circumstances and events occurring in relation to the use of Bikes, in particular, those related to breaching of Terms of Service, accidents and collisions or damages to the property of the owner of the MEVO System and/or the Operator.
23. Break – it ought to be understood as an additional option within the MEVO System which allows to park a Bike without its Return. This option is available from the level of MEVO Mobile Application. In case of lack of telephone, this option is available post contacting CC MEVO. Details concerning the duration of Standstill and its settlement are available in Appendix no. 1.
24. Verification transfer – transfer made by an adult Client from his or her account to the indicated account for the amount of 1 PLN in order to confirm authenticity of data specified upon registration. The scope of data which are compared may cover: first name, surname, and address and PESEL number. 1 PLN obtained from the Client is automatically returned to the bank account from which it was paid. The verification transfer does not concern minors.
25. Terms of Service – it ought to be understood as the hereby Terms of Service, defining principles and conditions of use of MEVO and in particular, conditions, scope of rights and obligations and responsibilities of persons who avail of the possibility of renting bikes in the MEVO system.
26.Bike Reservation pursuant to the consent of the Ordering Party, this option has been excluded and it will be re-launched on 15 August 2019.
Bike Reservation – it ought to be understood as additional functionality due to which Clients may, by means of the website www.rowermevo.pl or Mobile Application MEVO, remotely reserve the Bikes. The Client may use the option of Reservation up to 3 times a day. The reserved Bike awaits the User for a maximum of 5 minutes (maximum time of Bike Reservation) after which time the Bike Reservation is cancelled automatically.
27. Bike/Bikes – it ought to be understood as a basic type of bike made available in the MEVO System by the Operator. Bikes are designated for use by persons above 13 years of age. Working load of a bike amounts to 120 kg of the cyclist solely. Bikes are designated for persons who are between 150 and 200 cm tall. Whilst, it is assumed that such a Bike is designated solely for the use of one person at a time. Bikes are equipped in electric drive which supports the ride. MEVO Bike constitutes a supplementation of urban means of transport. It is not allowed to use MEVO Bikes for mountain rides, jumps, and stunt tricks; also racing and using MEVO Bikes to pull or push anything is not permitted. Carrying luggage is allowed solely by means of a basket designated for this purpose; it is not permitted to hang anything on the Bike frame or on any other bike element.
28. MEVO Service – it ought to be understood as actions performed by the Operator in relation to the exploitation, repairs and maintenance of MEVO.
29. MEVO Station – it ought to be understood as the place of Rental and Return of Bikes by Clients, which is marked with a symbol of the MEVO System, equipped in bike stands in which Bikes are parked (returned) by means of (O-lock) blockades. Information on the location of MEVO Stations may be found on the internet website www.rowermevo.pl, within the Mobile Application MEVO and by contacting CC MEVO.
30. Prohibited Zone – it ought to be understood as places/areas where Clients can commute by means of MEVO Bikes exclusively on paved roads. No Bike Returns are allowed in the Prohibited Zone. Above all, the Prohibited Zone consists of all types of water reservoirs, sea shore, beaches and dunes. The Prohibited Zone specified by MEVO Operator is outlined on the internet website of MEVO, MEVO Mobile Application as well as at CC MEVO.
31. User Zone – it ought to be understood as the Area of functioning of the MEVO System which is not the Prohibited Zone. The Users may commute by bike within the User Zone freely.
32. Internet website – it ought to be understood as the internet website www.rowermevo.pl launched by the Operator, which contains the necessary data for commencing and further use of MEVO, including the map of area covered by the MEVO System.
33. MEVO System/MEVO – it ought to be understood as a system of bike rentals, launched by the Operator, covering in particular Bikes, technical infrastructure, software and devices enabling Rental of Bikes, Reservation, Break and Bike Return.
34. Agreement – it ought to be understood as an Agreement between the Client and the Operator which establishes mutual rights and obligations specified in the hereby Terms of Service. It is considered that the Agreement containing the provisions of the hereby Terms of Service shall be automatically concluded at the time of Registration of the Client within MEVO, subject to submission by the Client of declaration of acceptance of the Terms of Service, indication upon registering of personal data and making of initial fee payment, paid during the registration process of the Client in the MEVO System. Personal Data Controller is NB TRICITY Spółka z o.o.
35. Bike Rental/ Rental – it ought to be understood as unblocking of a bike by means of Client Identifier or via another method, as specified in Section VII, Clause 1 in order to commence a journey. Rental Process is specified in detail in Clause VII of the Terms of Service.
36. Ordering Party – Association Metropolitan Area Gdańsk-Gdynia-Sopot, which selected NB Tricity Sp. z o.o. in the mode of an unlimited tender process to become the Operator and Contractor of System Roweru Metropolitarnego.
37. Bike Return – it ought to be understood as returning a Bike at any MEVO Station or outside of it, with the use of O-lock blockade (closing of blockade). The process of Bike Return is specified In Clause X of the Terms of Service. The use of Break function is not understood as Bike Return, unless the maximum duration of Break time is exceeded.
III. General rules of use of MEVO
1. The condition for the use of MEVO System is submission by the Client of the required personal data upon registration, the acceptance of conditions defined in the hereby Terms of Service, as well as payment of initial fee. The condition for the use of MEVO is, furthermore, maintenance of a minimum top up level on the Client’s account during the time of each rental, in the amount of no less than 1 PLN (in words: ten zloty).
2. The Client is obliged to abide by the provisions of the Terms of Service, in particular, in the scope of making the agreed payment of the fee and the use of the bikes in accordance with the Terms of Service.
3. Persons who are above 13 years of age but did not complete 18 years of age (further referred to as Minors) may avail of the MEVO System, pursuant to the consent of their Parent or Legal Guardian. Such parent or legal guardian bears responsibility on account of any potential damages which may occur, in particular in relation to the non-execution or incorrect execution of the Agreement and to cover ongoing commitments specified in Appendix no. 1 and Appendix no. 2. It is required that consent of at least one of the parents or legal guardians for the use of Account by minor was submitted to the Operator:
a. In the form of scanned letter by electronic means to the email address [email protected],
b. registered post letter to the Operator,
c. submitted in person at the headquarters of the Operator.
d. sent as an attachment to the submission via Mobile Application MEVO,
Consent should include:
e. Telephone number of the minor on which the account is registered
f. First name and surname of the parent or legal guardian,
g. Consent for the use of MEVO System by the minor,
h. First name and surname of the minor,
i. Date of birth of the minor,
j. Handwritten signature of the parent or legal guardian,
k. Date and place of granting the consent.
Template of consent is available on the internet website of MEVO System.
The following data ought to be submitted when setting up an account for a minor:
l.telephone number of a minor for which the account is registered
m.first name and surname of the User (parent or legal guardian)
n.contact address of the User (parents and legal guardians) that is city, street and house and flat number, postal code, country
o.e-mail address of the User (parent or legal guardian)
p.PESEL number of the minor
The Operator expects the consent to be submitted under the pain of blocking the possibility of using the Account by a given minor. The process of Account set up is specified in Clause V.
4.Parties to the Agreement undertake to mutually inform each other of any changes to addresses or other data identifying them, indicated during registration in the System.
IV. Responsibility/ Obligation
1. The Client is responsible for the use of a bike in accordance with its purpose and with the provisions of the Terms of Service as well as with the provisions of “Traffic Law”. In the event of non-compliance with the provisions contained within the Terms of Service, the Operator shall be entitled to block Client Account. Detailed conditions related to such blocking have been specified in Clause XVI of the hereby Terms of Service.
2. The Client undertakes to return the bike in the same state as it was in at the time of renting. The Client shall bear full responsibility for any results of events which occur pursuant to the breach by him of the law in place when using the MEVO System.
3. The Client is responsible for the bike he or she rents from the moment of rental to the moment of return.
In particular, the Client is obliged to undertake actions targeted at preventing staining of the bike or occurrence of any damages outside of the standard use and theft of the rented bike.
4. In the event of theft of the bike that occurs during rental, the Client is obliged to inform CC MEVO immediately after noticing the incident.
5. The use of MEVO System bikes by persons under the influence of alcohol or other narcotic substances, psychotropic substances or equivalents in the meaning of provisions on counteracting drug addictions; strong anti-allergic drugs, other medicines which by definition are forbidden or recommend not to be applied for drivers of any vehicles, is forbidden.
6. The Client bears full and total responsibility and undertakes to cover any tickets, fines, fees etc. obtained by the Client, related to the use of the bike and imposed on them out of their own fault. The Client bears responsibility for fines, tickets, and fees etc. which have been imposed on them and which result from Operator’s fault.
7. The Client shall be responsible for all damages and demolitions stemming from non-compliance with the Terms of Service. The Client may be charged with costs of repair of such damages, including the cost of bike restoration specified in Appendix no. 1 Price list and Table of Additional Fees and Appendix no. 2 Costs of repair and restoring of the Bike in MEVO System. The Operator shall issue an adequate receipt or VAT invoice to the Client for completion of the necessary repair works.
8. In case of improper return of the bike out of the Client’s fault, the Client bears costs of its further rental and is responsible for any potential theft or damage. In the event of any difficulties with the return of the bike the Client is obliged to contact CC MEVO.
9. Any purposeful damage to the components of MEVO System shall result in the necessity to bear costs of repair and restoration by the perpetrator and, in consequence, it may result in the initiation of court proceedings. The Operator reserves the right to recover any justified costs, including costs of legal representation, from the person who caused damages or destructions.
10. The Users are not allowed to transport MEVO bikes via cars, water trams or other means of public transport.
11. The use of rented bikes is allowed in the User Zone with the exclusion of the Prohibited Zone. The map of individual Zones is available on the website www.rowermevo.pl, in the Mobile Application MEVO and CC.
12. The number of rented bikes per one account depends on the selected Tariff Plan or offer. This number has been defined in Appendix no. 1.
13. The Client may only have on active Tariff Plan at a given point in time. In case of purchasing several Plans or resigning from the Plans, the last purchased and paid for Tariff plan will be active. Resigning from Tariff Plans does not release the Client from making payment on the basis of the concluded Agreement.
In case of resigning from the Tariff Plan (changes of Tariff Plan) in the course of reference period, unused minutes remaining in a given reference period are not subject to settlement, reimbursement or exchange.
14. Within the Subscription Tariff Plans, the reference period commences at the time of noting payment for a given tariff on the account of the Operator.
15.Standstill is considered as time of Rental and will be deducted from the daily subscription time, and once it has been used up, it is settled in accordance with an hourly rate for a given tariff. Within the tariff ‘Minute Fee’ for each commenced minute of Standstill an hourly rate is calculated, in accordance with Appendix no. 1.
16.Bike reservation is voluntary and free of charge (also within the Minute Fee tariff) regardless of the daily subscription time limit, further to being available within the Tariff Plans in accordance with Appendix no. 1. The Client may carry out Reservation up to 3 times per day. The Client may cancel such Reservation free of charge prior to the expiry of 5 minutes. The Reserved Bike awaits the user for a maximum of 5 minutes after which time the Reservation is cancelled automatically and the Bike becomes available for other Users.
1. Prior registration of a Client is the necessary condition for the use of the MEVO Bike System.
2. Registration may be realized through:
a. Website www.rowermevo.pl;
b. MEVO Mobile Application
c. Telephone contact with CC MEVO.
3. During the process of registering at the website www.rowermevo.pl, via MEVO Mobile Application or via telephone contact with the CC MEVO employee the indication of the following personal details is necessary:
a. First name and surname,
b. contact address, that is city, street including flat/house number, postal code, country,
c. email address,
d. PESEL number,
e. mobile phone number,
f. optionally – payment card number in case of payment with credit card with the possibility of charging it,
g. The Operator reserves the possibility of introducing additional verification in the form of Verification Transfer.
The Operator allows for fast-track registration with an indication of the following personal data:
h. First name and surname,
i. email address,
j. mobile phone number,
The necessity of registering User payment card may be a condition for availing of fast-track registration. Payment card registration may serve the purpose of: charging a fee for Bike Rental and/or temporary blocking of Deposit amount for the duration of Rental. Level of Deposit and availability of fast-track registration is specified in Appendix no. 1.
4. In order to complete the process of registration a link will be sent to the email address indicated before with a confirmation of data by the Client. Post authorization of the link, the account is verified. Lack of confirmation of data within 24 hours from the moment of obtaining the mail by clicking on the verification link causes non-completion of the registration process at MEVO System and thus, blocking the account.
5. Client accounts which contain incorrect personal data with 0 PLN account balance may be automatically deleted from the MEVO database system.
6. During registration through: Website, Mobile Application MEVO and CC MEVO – PIN is generated automatically. Post registration the Client receives a confirmation from MEVO System regarding a successful registration as well as his individual PIN code which enables authorization of a given Client by the system. PIN is sent via a text message to the telephone number previously indicated.
In order to improve the process of rental, Client has the possibility of connecting his Account with RFID card (contactless card compliant with ISO/IEC standard 14443, and in particular MIFARE Classic 1k 4b nUID). Method of connecting the card with Account is described in the instruction available on the internet website www.rowermevo.pl, within Mobile Application MEVO and in CC MEVO.
7. The content of individual transactions/rentals is available solely for the parties of the Agreement. Each Client who has performed registration, having logged in, has access to all his transactions/rentals for the period of their storage within the IT system. Client data concerning individual transactions/ rentals are stored by, MEVO IT system.
VI. Payment methods
1. Payment for services and products offered within the MEVO system may be conducted through:
a. upon the use of credit and debit cards and online payments as well as post office or bank payment form on the basis of the form generated by the operator of payments on Client account. The form is available upon logging in on the website www.rowermevo.pl within Client Account. Information concerning credit or debit card are processed by external service providers and are not stored nor disclosed to the Operator.
b. The Client authorizes MEVO Operator to charge his credit or debit card with all calculated fees, including also the amounts due in relation to each delayed return, fees on account of damages, theft or loss of bikes.
2. All payments are transferred to the account of Operator.
3. In case of lack of return of a bike due to any reason – including also in case of its loss or theft – the Client shall be burdened with a compensation in accordance with Appendix no. 1 for each rented bike.
4. At Client request, the Operator will provide the Client with VAT invoice. For this purpose the Client will contact the Operator by electronic means to the email address of the Operator, in order to indicate data necessary for the issuance of VAT invoice.
5. For this purpose the Client should contact the Operator at the email address of the Operator, indicating data necessary for VAT invoice issuance. The Operator will send a VAT invoice via electronic means to the email address from which the Client contacted the Operator.
1. MEVO bike may be rented:
a. by Mobile Application MEVO
b. by means of connecting the paired-up RFID card (contactless card compliant with ISO/IEC 14443 standard and in particular MIFARE Classic 1k 4b nUID)
c. by CC
2. Bike rental is possible in case a Client has an active account status. Active account status is understood as:
a. a minimum amount of 1 PLN on the pre-paid Account, or
b. Selection and payment of one of the available tariffs or offers. Minute fee
c. The Operator reserves the right to introduce for the selected offers Deposit in the amount compliant with Appendix no. 1
3. It is the Client’s obligation to ensure, prior to commencing the ride, that the bike is suitable for the designated use, in particular, that the tyres of the bike are inflated, and the brakes are in order and lights operate,
4. In case of discovering during the bike rental any failure of the bike, the Client is obliged to immediately report the problem to MEVO CC or via the Mobile Application and return the bike, if possible, to the closest MEVO Bike Station.
5. It is recommended that the Client has a mobile phone with them through which connection may be made with CC if necessary.
6. The basket mounted in front of the bike is suitable solely for the carriage of light items. It is forbidden to carry items within a bike basket which protrude beyond its rim, which are heavier than 10 kg or which have sharp edges. While carrying luggage Clients ought to maintain special caution. The Client bears full responsibility for any damages stemming from improper carriage of cargo. The Operator shall not bear responsibility for damages or leaving items or goods carried in the basket. In particular, the Operator shall not bear any responsibility for the carried electronic equipment or other items which remain at risk of damaging.
7. Maximum load of a bike designated for use by 1 person including luggage cannot exceed 130 kg,
8. The use of any protection which is not a standard MEVO System element in order to immobilize a bike is forbidden. The Operator reserves the right to remove inadequate protections applied by the Client. All costs of restoring bikes to the state enabling realisation of further rentals shall be borne by the Client.
9. In the event of a breach of the provisions of the hereby Terms of Service, in particular, one resulting in damage suffered by the Operator, the Operator reserves the right to block Client’s account until such time when the issue is rectified.
10. Rented Bike may be used in the User Zone with the exclusion of the Prohibited Zone. In the course of rental, the User may move beyond the functional area of MEVO, however, he or she is obliged to return to it prior to completing the rental and return it within the functional areas, otherwise the User will be charged with a fee in accordance with Appendix no. 1.
VIII. Duration of rental
1. The Client is obliged to return the bike no later than upon expiry of the 12th hour of rental.
2. Exceeding the duration of hours in a single rental causes additional charging of frees in accordance with Appendix no. 1.
3. The Operator reserves the right to prior contact with the Client in case of any doubts concerning the state of a bike (i.e. Low battery level, non-standard location of a bike).
IX. Failures and repairs
1. Any failures ought to be reported by phone to CC MEVO or Mobile Application immediately upon being noticed. In case of each failure which prevents further ride the Client is obliged to stop and inform via telephone CC MEVO as well as, if possible, return the bike to the closest MEVO Station.
2. Self-repairs, modifications or replacements of parts within the rented bike are forbidden. The only authorized entity to perform these actions is MEVO Service.
3. The Client has an obligation to have the possibility of contacting CC MEVO at all times when renting a bike.
1. It is possible to rent and return a bike within the User Zone with the exception of Prohibited Zone.
2. 4 types of bike returns are distinguished:
a. Standard Bike Return – Bike Return at MEVO Station after rental from MEVO Station.
b. Rewarded Bike Return – Bike Return from MEVO Station, after rental from outside of MEVO Station.
c. paid Bike Return – return of a bike outside of MEVO station (payable in accordance with Appendix no. 1)
d. Unauthorized Bike Return – in Prohibited Zone and in hardly accessible areas i.e. Closed estates, private properties (in accordance with Appendix no. 1).
3. The Client returns the bike through buckling the O-lock blockade within the area of MEVO Station. Bikes ought to be immobilized in such a way so that they stand stably on the wheels, supported by kickstands. Bikes must be parked in line with the traffic regulations, so that they don’t hinder the road or pedestrian traffic.
4. It is possible to return the Bike outside of MEVO Station, solely in the User Zone subject to point X.2.d. In such case additional fees will be applied in accordance with Appendix no. 1. The Client is obliged to secure each rented by them bike through connecting O-lock Blockade. Whilst, the Client must ensure safe standstill which does not hinder bike, road or pedestrian traffic.
5. The Client is obliged to correctly return and secure the bike, as specified in clauses X.1 to X.3 under the pain of:
a. calculation of fees for the use of bike in accordance with the accepted price list, and in case of rental exceeding 12 hours, calculation of additional fee in accordance with Appendix no. 1
b. calculation of contractual penalty for loss, theft or damage of a bike in accordance with Appendix no. 1 and Appendix no 2 to the hereby Terms of Service.
c. calculation of penalty fee for return of bike at a place other than the dedicated MEVO station in accordance with Appendix no. 1 to the hereby Terms of Service
d. Temporary blocking of Client’s account.
Fees sum up.
6. In case when during rental of a bike an accident or collision occurs, Client is obliged to write a statement or call the Police to the site. Furthermore, in case of the occurrence of the above event the Client is obliged to inform CC MEVO of this fact no later than within 24 hours post the event.
1. Fees are calculated according to the table of charges enclosed in Appendix no. 1 Pricelist and Table of Additional Fees, available on the website www.rowermevo.pl, within Mobile Application MEVO as well as CC. Fee is calculated for each commenced minute post exceeding the subscription time of rental, dependent on the selected Tariff Plan.
2. In case when charging the fee for the ride exceeds the means on the account the Client is obliged to top up his or her Account at least to reach the balance equal to 0 PLN within 3 working days. In case of failure to settle overdue payments, the Operator reserves the right to commence adequate legal steps against the Client, targeted at obtaining the payment on account of the realized Agreement, which results in blocking of Account until the time of payment of receivables. In case if the Client is in arrears with payments towards the Operator, the Operator reserves the right to pass the information on overdue amounts to entities indicated by appropriate provisions of law.
3. Reimbursement of charges made towards rentals may be made upon termination of the Agreement.
During the term of the agreement with the Operator of MEVO system the payments towards rentals (top up amount) are non-refundable.
4. In case of obtaining a promotional voucher, the top up amount of Client account and its designation are established by Operator. The top-up amount of Client Account is non-refundable, that is there is no possibility of obtaining payment of funds. The means from the top up are used in the first place, prior to the means paid in by the Client.
In case of promotional vouchers, details regarding the amount, the validity term and the reasons for granting them are defined within the Terms and Conditions of Promotions, available on the system website.
5. In case if the Client is in arrears with payments towards the Operator, the Operator reserves the right to pass the information on overdue amounts to entities indicated by appropriate provisions of law according to the principles stemming from separate provisions of law. The Client acknowledges that MEVO Operator is entitled to transferring the matured receivables with respect of the Client, stemming from the Agreement, onto third parties, which shall entitle these third parties to seek repayment by the given Client of these receivables. The Operator of MEVO reserves the right to entrust pursuing receivables of Clients to debt-recovery company.
1. The Operator realizes services related to the maintenance of MEVO System and bears responsibility for its proper functioning.
2. The Operator shall not bear responsibility for any direct or follow up damages as well as lost benefits caused as a result of improper performance of the Agreement by the Client, or for any other damages for which the Client is responsible, with the exclusion of damages caused by the Operator purposefully.
3. Any claims and complaints resulting from them ought to be directed by the Clients the towards of the Operator.
XIII. Complaints and plaints
1. A complaint is the submission by a Client of a demand of reimbursement of costs on account of non-completion or improper completion of the Service by the Operator MEVO and all other submissions by Client, including objection to the fees charged.
2. Complaints ought to contain at least such data as: first name, surname, address, telephone number, allowing for Client identification. In case of lack of data that would enable identification of a Client, the Operator will leave such submission unattended.
3. All complaints concerning the services provided on the basis of the Terms of Service may be submitted:
a. via electronic means to the email address [email protected]
b. via electronic means by filling out a contact form available on the website
c. via Mobile Application,
d. via telephone
e. registered post letter to the Operator, specified in clause I.3
f. in person at the headquarters of the Operator.
4. If data contained within the complaint require supplementation, the Operator requests that the complaining person supplements the complaint within the indicated scope prior to reviewing the complaint.
5. The recommended term for submission of complaints is within 7 days from the date of the event which caused the complaint.
6. Submitting a complaint does not release the Client from the obligation of a timely realization of the obligations towards the Operator.
7. The Operator shall process a complaint within 14 days from the date of obtaining it or its supplementation, and in case of matters of more complicated nature, this period may take up to 30 days. In case of the necessity to supplement the complaint the term for reviewing the complaint commences on the day of receipt of documents by the Operator which supplement the complaint or which provide additional explanations/information. In case of an inability to meet the deadline for the review of a complaint, the Operator will inform the Client of any delays, indicating the cause of a delay (circumstances which must be established) and an expected term for the review of the complaint.
8. Response to a complaint shall be posted to the Client via electronic post or traditional post to the correspondence address in a manner specified in the complaint. The Operator may send the response to an alternative address/ email address indicated for correspondence by the Client who submits a given complaint.
9. The consideration of a complaint consists of an identification of the problem, assessment of its justification and settlement of the problem submitted by the Client or a conduct of adequate actions in order to remove any potential irregularities, causes of their occurrence and to grant a thorough, and professional in form and in content reply.
10. CC issues a reply which includes the position of the Operator regarding the complaint, its justification and the information regarding the appeal procedure.
11. The Client has the right to appeal against the decision issued by the Operator. The appeal will be considered within 14 days from the day of its submission to CK. The appeal ought to be submitted in one of the following manners:
a. via electronic means to the email address [email protected]
b. via electronic means by filling out a contact form available on the website
c. via Mobile Application,
d. registered post letter to the Operator, specified in clause I.3
e. in person at the headquarters of the Operator.
12. The Client may:
a. direct an appeal against the decision of the Operator directly to CC within 14 days from the date of receipt of the reply to the complaint.
b. launch civil action against the Operator in the adequate court.
XIV. Withdrawal from the Agreement:
1. The Client may withdraw from the Agreement concluded with the Operator-on the basis of the provisions of law, without indicating the cause, within the term of 14 days from the date of its conclusion. The term is considered as fulfilled if prior to its expiry the consumer posts a statement of withdrawal from Agreement to the Operator.
2.The Client may withdraw from the Agreement in particular through:
a. Sending to the Operator to the email address [email protected] declaration of withdrawal from Agreement,
b. sending registered post letter to the Operator’s, postal address indicated in clause I.3 a written statement regarding withdrawal from Agreement, For this reason the Client may avail of the form on withdrawal from Agreement enclosed in Appendix no. 2 to the act on consumer rights ( Journal of Laws of 2017, item 683 as amended), however, this is not obligatory.
3. In case of withdrawal from the Agreement, the Agreement is treated as non-concluded. In case of withdrawal from the Agreement each party is obliged to return to the other party all the items it obtained on the basis of the Agreement. The return of the services occurs no later than within 14 days from the day of receipt by the Operator of the declaration regarding withdrawal from the Agreement. The return of payment is conducted with the use of the same payment methods which were used by the Client in the initial transaction, unless within the declaration of withdrawal from the Agreement the Client agreed to another solution. Another solution ought to be indicated by the Client within the submitted declaration. While expecting the payment via bank transfer to the account, the Client is obliged to indicate the appropriate bank account for such return.
4. In case of withdrawal from the Agreement, the Agreement is treated as non-concluded. Should, pursuant to the demand by a User, the execution of service commence prior to the expiry of the term of withdrawal from Agreement, the User is obliged to pay for the services fulfilled until the moment of withdrawal from Agreement. The return of the services occurs no later than within 14 days from the day of receipt by the Operator of the declaration regarding withdrawal from the Agreement with the use of the same methods of payment which were used by the Client in the initial transaction, unless the Client indicated an alternative solution within declaration regarding withdrawal from Agreement. While expecting the reimbursement via bank transfer to the account, the Client is obliged to indicate the appropriate bank account for such return.
XV. Termination of the Agreement at the request of the Client
1. The Client has the right to terminate the Agreement. Termination may be submitted by the Client in the following manner:
a. via electronic means to the email address [email protected]
b. via electronic means by filling out a contact form available on the website
c. registered post letter to the address of the Operator, specified in clause I.3
d. in person at the headquarters of the Operator.
2. The termination of the Agreement takes effect immediately, within 14 days from the date of receipt of the termination by the Operator. Liquidation by the Operator of Client Account within MEVO System shall be the result of Agreement termination.
3. Prior to terminating the Agreement the Client is obliged to top up the means on the Client Account to reach the balance of 0 PLN. Termination of Agreement in a situation in which the balance of the Client Account of the Client is negative remains without effect on the right of the Operator to pursue the amount equal to the unsettled by the Client amount of receivable for services provided by the Operator.
4. If the funds on the Client Account exceed 0 PLN on the day of Agreement termination they will be reimbursed to the bank account indicated by the Client, unless the Client consented to an alternative solution within Termination of Agreement. Another solution ought to be indicated by the Client within the submitted declaration. Reimbursement of funds will occur within the term up to 14 days from the date of Agreement Termination. In case when the reimbursement of funds triggers the necessity to bear additional costs on the side of the Operator in the form of transfer charges, these costs will be deducted from the funds to the reimbursement of which a Client is entitled.
XVI. Blockade of user accounts
1. The Operator reserves the right to temporarily block Client’s account in MEVO system in case of non-compliance with the conditions of bike use at MEVO, specified in the hereby Terms of Service.
2. In particular, the account blockade may occur, when the Client:
a. has not entered personal data in detail, as specified in clause V.3 of the hereby Terms of Service;
b. uses a bike not in line with its designation;
c. leaves the bike unsecured.
3. Blockade of an account may also occur in case when post bike rental by a client the bike has been lost.
4. Permanent blockade of Client Account prevents any future setting up of subsequent account and is equivalent to the termination of agreement with a given client through his fault.
XVII. MEVO Mobile Application
1. MEVO Mobile Application is available for download without charging any fees (free of charge) in Google Play stores and Apple AppStore.
2. The use of Mobile Application is possible by means of phones with adequate, valid Google Android or Apple IOS system with Internet access.
3. The use of Mobile MEVO Application is possible post registering in the MEVO System. The provisions of the hereby Terms of Service in the scope of conditions of use of TCB are appropriately represented in the MEVO Mobile Application.
XVIII. Final Provisions
1. The acceptance of the hereby Terms of Service and the rental of the bike indicates: a declaration of the health state which ensures safe movement on a bike; ability to ride a bike; possession of permissions required by provisions of law and knowledge of road traffic provisions.
2. The Operator reserves the right to terminate the Agreement with a notice of 14 days in case the Client breaches the provisions of the hereby Terms of Service (i.e. lack of acceptance of the new Terms of Service, non-return of a bike at the required time) while the Client is entitled, in respect of the Operator, to submit claims related to the return of means on the client account, provided that they were not used by the Operator previously to cover the payable liabilities chargeable to the Client.
4. For all matters unresolved in the hereby Terms of Service the binding legal provisions shall apply, and in particular, the provisions of the Civil Code and the Act on Road Traffic.
5. In case of any discrepancies between the Polish and foreign language version of the Terms of Service, the Polish version of the document shall prevail.
TERMS OF SERVICE of the Municipal Bike System MEVO – PDF version
Archive of regulations
TERMS OF SERVICE of the Municipal Bike System MEVO – PDF version
Appendix no. 1 PRICELIST AND TABLE OF ADDITIONAL FEES
|Type of tariff||monthly||annual||Annual plus||Minute fee||2-day||2-day plus||5-day||5-day plus|
|Price||10 PLN||100 PLN||150 PLN||0,10 PLN per 1 minute||20 PLN||40 PLN||40 PLN||80 PLN|
|Initial fee (one off)||10 PLN||10 PLN||10 PLN||10 PLN||10 PLN||10 PLN||10 PLN||10 PLN|
|Validity time of tariff||30 days||365 days||365 days||No limits||2 days||2 days||5 days||5 days|
|Reference period (for settlement of additional fees)||1 month||1 month||1 month||Ad hoc||2 days||2 days||5 days||5 days|
|Subscription time||90 minutes/day||90 minutes/day||120 minutes/day||none||300 minutes / day||700 minutes / day||300 minutes / day||700 minutes / day|
|Hourly rate (post using up the subscription time)||0,05 PLN per 1 minute||0,05 PLN per 1 minute||0,05 PLN per 1 minute||0,10 PLN per 1 minute||0,05 PLN per 1 minute||0,05 PLN per 1 minute||0,05 PLN per 1 minute||0,05 PLN per 1 minute|
|Minimum account balance||1 PLN||1 PLN||1 PLN||1 PLN||1 PLN||1 PLN||1 PLN||1 PLN|
|Payment for exceeding the 12 hour limit of rental||200||200||200||300||300||300||300||300|
|Maximum number of Bikes rented from one account||1||1||2||1||2||5||2||5|
|Time or Reservation (per 1 bike)||3×5 minutes||3×5 minutes||3×5 minutes||3×5 minutes||3×5 minutes||3×5 minutes||3×5 minutes||3×5 minutess|
|Time of Standstill in Subscription – time during which the User may use Standstill option. Time of Standstill calculated from the daily subscription.||30 minutes / day||90 minutes / day||120 minutes / day||none||60 minutes / day||90 minutes / day||90 minutes / day||120 minutes / day|
|Deposit||0 PLN||0 PLN||0 PLN||500 PLN||600 PLN||800 PLN||600 PLN||800 PLN|
|Fast registration||None||None||None||Depending on the manner of registering||Possible after 01.03.2019||Possible after 01.03.2019||Possible after 01.03.2019||Possible after 01.03.2019|
|Verification transfer||Yes, after 01.03.2019||Yes, after 01.03.2019||Yes, after 01.03.2019||Depending on the manner of registering||No||No||No||No|
|Awarded Bike Return – Bike Return at MEVO station after renting it from outside of MEVO station.||+2 PLN|
|Paid Bike Return – Bike Return outside of MEVO station||3 PLN|
|Fee for Bike Return in the area other than the Functional Area of MEVO System||100 PLN|
|Bike Ride by more than 1 person||100 PLN|
|Inadmissible Bike Return outside of the Functional Area of MEVO System|
|up to 10 km (from the closest Station)||50 PLN|
|up to 25 km (from the closest Station)||125 PLN|
|up to 50 km (from the closest Station)||250 PLN|
|up to 100 km (from the closest Station)||500 PLN|
|Above 100 km (from the closest Station)||1,000 PLN|
|Inadmissible Bike Return in Prohibited Zone**|
|up to 10 km (from the closest Station)||450 PLN|
|up to 25 km (from the closest Station)||525 PLN|
|up to 50 km (from the closest Station)||650 PLN|
|up to 100 km (from the closest Station)||900 PLN|
|Above 100 km (from the closest Station)||1,400 PLN|
|“Prohibited Bike Return in hardly accessible place***||300 PLN|
|Transport of Bike via water taxi or other means of public transport (train, bus, car etc.)||50 PLN|
|Bike Ride along the bank of water reservoir or beach coast||80 PLN|
|Nonauthorized ride||100 PLN|
|Removal of improper protections||200 PLN|
|Theft, loss or damage of a bike||12,000 PLN|
*, ** and *** Fee for abandoning the bike in hardly accessible place sums up with a potential penalty for abandoning the Bike outside of the System or in the Prohibited Zone when both situations occur simultaneously.
Fees specified in the table are VAT tax inclusive
Appendix no. 2 Costs of repair and restoring of a bike at MEVO System
|NAME||unit of measurement||PRICE*||VAT 23%||TOTAL|
|Battery||piece||2,310 PLN||531.19 PLN||2,840.69 PLN|
|O-lock blockade||piece||890 PLN||204.70 PLN||1,094.70 PLN|
|Front mudguard||piece||10.00 PLN||2.30 PLN||12.30 PLN|
|Back mudguard||piece||10.00 PLN||2.30 PLN||12.30 PLN|
|RFID reader||piece||780.00 PLN||179.40 PLN||959.40 PLN|
|Tube 26 x 1.75||piece||12.00 PLN||2.76 PLN||14.76 PLN|
|Bell||piece||5.00 PLN||1.15 PLN||6.15 PLN|
|Brake lever, right side||piece||15.00 PLN||3.45 PLN||18.45 PLN|
|Brake lever, left side||piece||15.00 PLN||3.45 PLN||18.45 PLN|
|Roller brake, front||piece||200.00 PLN||46.00 PLN||246.00 PLN|
|Roller brake, rear||piece||200.00 PLN||46.00 PLN||246.00 PLN|
|Battery powering cable||piece||27.00 PLN||6.21 PLN||33.21 PLN|
|GM2.5 cable||piece||15.00 PLN||3.45 PLN||18.45 PLN|
|EB Bus cable||piece||45.00 PLN||10.35 PLN||55.35 PLN|
|Speed sensor||piece||45.00 PLN||10.35 PLN||55.35 PLN|
|Handlebar lift||piece||40.00 PLN||9.20 PLN||49.20 PLN|
|Left crank||piece||28.00 PLN||6.44 PLN||34.44 PLN|
|Crank with pinion||piece||50.00 PLN||11.50 PLN||61.50 PLN|
|Connection block||piece||12.00 PLN||2.76 PLN||14.76 PLN|
|Basket||piece||50.00 PLN||11.50 PLN||61.50 PLN|
|Front light||piece||30.00 PLN||6.90 PLN||36.90 PLN|
|Back light||piece||25.00 PLN||5.75 PLN||30.75 PLN|
|Brake line (band)||piece||4.50 PLN||1.04 PLN||5.54 PLN|
|Line (band) of rear dérailleur||piece||4.90 PLN||1.13 PLN||6.03 PLN|
|Chain||piece||11.00 PLN||2.53 PLN||13.53 PLN|
|Basket fix||piece||38.00 PLN||8.74 PLN||46.74 PLN|
|Chain guard fix||piece||20.00 PLN||4.60 PLN||24.60 PLN|
|Tyre (26 x 1.75)||piece||31.24 PLN||7.19 PLN||38.43 PLN|
|Chain guard||piece||50.00 PLN||11.50 PLN||61.50 PLN|
|Brake line shell||meters||3.40 PLN||0.78 PLN||4.18 PLN|
|Rear derailleur shell||meters||3.19 PLN||0.73 PLN||3.92 PLN|
|Set of pedals||piece||15.24 PLN||3.51 PLN||18.75 PLN|
|Front hub (dynamic)||piece||300.00 PLN||69.00 PLN||369.00 PLN|
|Back hub||piece||300.00 PLN||69.00 PLN||369.00 PLN|
|Rear derailleur pusher||piece||16.43 PLN||3.78 PLN||20.21 PLN|
|Front tyre with dynamo||piece||350.00 PLN||80.50 PLN||430.50 PLN|
|Lamp cables||meters||5.12 PLN||1.18 PLN||6.30 PLN|
|Bike frame||piece||597.38 PLN||137.40 PLN||734.78 PLN|
|Left handle||piece||9.15 PLN||2.10 PLN||11.25 PLN|
|Right handle||piece||8.95 PLN||2.06 PLN||11.01 PLN|
|Engine||piece||2,149.50 PLN||494.39 PLN||2,643.89 PLN|
|Saddle||piece||25.00 PLN||5.75 PLN||30.75 PLN|
|Advertisement sides||piece||40.00 PLN||9.20 PLN||49.20 PLN|
|Headsets||piece||8.69 PLN||2.00 PLN||10.69 PLN|
|Footer/ support||piece||95.00 PLN||21.85 PLN||116.85 PLN|
|Support 115mm||piece||48.00 PLN||11.04 PLN||59.04 PLN|
|Front spoke strengthened||piece||0.50 PLN||0.12 PLN||0.62 PLN|
|Back spoke strengthened||piece||0.50 PLN||0.12 PLN||0.62 PLN|
|Seat pillar with engraver||piece||39.00 PLN||8.97 PLN||47.97 PLN|
|Roller brake screw||piece||40.00 PLN||9.20 PLN||49.20 PLN|
|Brake lever adjusting screw||piece||5.00 PLN||1.15 PLN||6.15 PLN|
|Back 3 speed wheel with brake||piece||450.00 PLN||103.50 PLN||553.50 PLN|
|Fork||piece||250.00 PLN||57.50 PLN||307.50 PLN|
|Handlebar stem||piece||16.93 PLN||3.89 PLN||20.82 PLN|
|Seat pillar clamp||piece||6.00 PLN||1.38 PLN||7.38 PLN|
* may be subject to changes
Documents to download
The project "Construction of Metropolitan Bike System OMG-G-S" no. RPPM.09.01.01-22-0016/17-00 is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund under the 2014-2020 Regional Operational Programme for the Pomeranian Voivodeship, Priority Axis 9 Mobility, Measure 9.1 Urban Transport, Sub-measure 9.1.1 Urban Transport – ITI Mechanism. The project value amounts to PLN 36,690,216.20, whilst the amount of EU funding equals PLN 17,218,259.